Domain Backorder Service is meant to help RU-CENTER clients register a domain on the day of its release.
A backorder request may be submitted for any taken domain in .RU, .РФ, .SU TLDs and third-level domains, scheduled to be released within the following 30 days.
The service fee is graded subject to the period left before the domain name deletion from the Registry.
RU-CENTER will therefore:
- accept backorders for a soon-to-release domain name;
- keep track of the domain name release date;
- register domain name in the Registry in case of domain release. Domain is registered in the client's name.
Service Delivery Details
The service is delivered as per:
Domain Backorder Schedule (Addendum to the Service Agreement)
.SU and Third-Level Domain Backorder Schedule (Addendum to the Service Agreement)
- An order can be made 30 days before the domain release according to any available plan.
- If a pre-paid order has been submitted for the domain, the plans with an earlier validity period remain available.
- On the day of domain deletion an order can be made according to the plan with the current or subsequent validity period. On the day of domain deletion the orders are accepted before 04:30 p.m. (MSK).
- For an order to be executed it has to be covered by the funds allocated no later than expiry moment of the validity period of the selected plan. In this case the orders made according to the plan with a later validity period will be canceled, and the allocated funds will be released.
- RU-CENTER gives no guarantee that the client will get a domain registration in his name, but undertakes to fulfill all-out steps to help in registration of the backordered domain for the client.
How to Obtain the Service
To get the service a client shall no earlier than 30 days before the scheduled domain name release from the Registry and no later than 04:30 p.m. (MSK) of the domain deletion date from the Registry (the orders made later than 1 hour before the start of deletion, may be ignored) fulfill the following terms:
If the domain was renewed by the current registrant
If the current registrant renewed the domain before the expiry of the priority renewal period, the service is deemed unfulfilled. In this case the funds allocated for service payment on the personal account will be released and may be used for payment of other services.
Domain Registration Failed
- If the domain was not registered in the client's name, the service is deemed unfulfilled. In this case the funds allocated for service payment on the personal account will be released and may be used for payment of other services.
- RU-CENTER gives no guarantee that registration of the domain names subjected to court procedure will be delivered.
Deletion of orders not ready for execution
A backorder may be deleted in the following manner:
- on https://www.nic.ru/auction/ web server (section "My auctions"- "Registration of to-be-released .RU, .РФ, .SU, and third-level domain names" - "Orders: Pending orders");
- on www.nic.ru web server ("Manage your account" panel- "Orders" - "Processing queue, order removal").
For partner-managed clients the order can be made by the partner.