Some of our customers have received messages on behalf of RU-CENTER asking to place a malicious file in the root directory of their website to verify domain ownership rights. Such messages are sent by scammers to addresses available in the public domain.
RU-CENTER never asks its clients to verify domain ownership rights this way and do not ask for customers′ passwords in emails, while all messages about changes are always accompanied by links to the original documents in our actual notifications.
To avoid becoming a fraud victim:
- Pay attention to the address of the sender — our notifications come only from nic.ru domain addresses;
- Make sure that your contact details are not in the public domain;
- Never download attachments or install external files;
- After clicking on the link, please check that you are on the nic.ru website, that a green lock and the JSC RU-CENTER certificate are present in the address bar;
- If there is reason for suspicion — please verify information with the customer service.